A warm welcome to Fordell School, a rural year 1-8 school of 130 students in the heart of a fabulous farming community, only 10 minutes from Whanganui.
2021 Term 1: Wednesday 3 Feb - Friday 16 April (Easter is during the term)
Term 2: Monday 3 May - Friday 9 July
Term 3: Monday 26 July - Friday 1 October
Term 4: Monday 18 October - Wednesday 15 December
Opening doors to the future!
Fordell School Vision:
(Our values are our cornerstones/expectations in learning and behaviour)
- Make good and honest choices
- Show confidence
- Show empathy
- Pride for myself and school
- Work as a team
- Speak with and show respect
- Let others learn
- Caring for equipment and property
- Ready to learn
- Be committed
- Take ownership for my choices
- I display a ‘can do’ attitude and give things a go.
- I accept challenges and disappointments as a natural part of my learning.
- I know my strengths and actively work on my next steps.
- I express my ideas confidently and creatively.
- I confidently use digital technology.
- I make and create meaning
- I reflect on my learning.
- I think creatively and critically.
- I am curious about the world and ask questions.
- I value and respect the views of others.
- I enthusiastically participate and contribute my ideas.
- I am an active listener and learn from others.
- I am responsible for own actions and choices.